Pumping Gas During Increasing Gas Prices — Courtesy: Shutterstock — Maridav
Florida gas prices continue to decrease after rising 10 cents last week.
The Sunshine State’s average rose from $4.01 to $4.11 per gallon. Now, drivers are paying an average price of $4.10 per gallon.
“The rollercoaster ride at the pump continues,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA – The Auto Club Group. “After rising two weeks ago, gas prices should remain tied to the price of oil, which was on its way back down last week. Based on wholesale and gasoline futures trends, gas prices could decline 5-10 cents, unless oil prices rebound again.”
The price of crude oil accounts for 55% of the price of gasoline, according to the EIA. The price of oil in the United States plummeted 4% last week. The closing price of $102.07 per barrel on Friday was $4.47 lower than the previous week and $21.63 lower than the year’s high, set in early March.
Fuel Price Overview
- Sunday’s Florida Average – $4.10 per gallon
- Average Cost for a Fill-Up – $61.50
- 2022 High – $4.38 per gallon on March 11
- 2021 High – $3.36 per gallon
- 2022 U.S. Oil Price High – $123.70 on March 8
- 2021 U.S. Oil Price High – $84.65 per barrel
- Florida’s most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($4.27), Fort Lauderdale ($4.15), Naples ($4.15)
- Florida’s least expensive metro markets – Pensacola ($3.91), Crestview-Fort Walton Beach ($3.93), Panama City ($4.00)
Tips on Saving Gas
- Combine errands to save time on the road.
- Look around your neighborhood for the best gas prices.
- Paying in cash is an option. Customers who pay with a credit card may be charged an additional per gallon by some merchants.
- Remove any unnecessary weight from your vehicle.
- Maintain a conservative driving style. Fuel economy is reduced by limiting aggressive acceleration and speeding.
- Become a member of a savings program. When AAA members engage in Shell’s Fuel Rewards program, they can save up to 5 cents per gallon at Shell. For more information, click here.
Stories that matter are our priority. At Florida Insider, we make sure that the information we provide our readers is accurate, easy-to-read, and informative. Whether you are interested in business, education, government, history, sports, real estate, nature or travel: we have something for everyone. Follow along for the best stories in the Sunshine State.