The show must go on.
The mighty popular South Florida Fair will be returning in 2021, despite rising COVID-19 cases throughout the state.
The annual affair which draws tens of thousands of patrons every year will be held Jan. 15-31 and include the usual greasy and delightful food stand spread, rides, and entertainment.
Fair organizers issued a written statement stressing that all necessary precautions will be taken and are currently being reviewed and worked on in order to mitigate further coronavirus impact to the state and local community.
“The South Florida Fair & Palm Beach County Expositions, Inc. continues to be in constant contact with county and health officials to ensure the safety of event attendees. As we get closer to the opening day of the fair, we will work with health officials to set protocols based on the most recent COVID-19 modeling and data.”
According to organizers, the majority of the entertainment events, shows, and food fare, will be held outdoors as extra safety measures are being accounted for.
On the fair’s website, a full list of safety measures have been listed and updated in accordance with CDC guidelines and fair going standards.
Among some of the most prominent highlights on the list are:
- All self-serve items have been removed from the food concessions and will be provided to fairgoers upon request.
- Fairgoers will be instructed to utilize sanitation stations before entering each ride or attraction, and before and after consuming food and drinks.
- Employees are required to clean and sanitize all contact surfaces between each ride cycle, and between performances throughout the grounds.
- Canceled the “$2 Tuesdays” promotion for 2021 due to the large crowds that attend.
- All fun houses on the midway have been eliminated to avoid those activities that are high-touch structures and difficult to sanitize effectively.
Patrons are expected to come in masks and in their family “pods”.
For more information visit the fair website by clicking here.
Like what you see? Click here for more stories about everything Florida. Florida Insider is dedicated to educating, entertaining, and informing its readers about everything in Florida. Easy to read content at the palm of your hands and covering the stories that matter.
Chris began his writing as a hobby while attending Florida Southern College in Lakeland, Florida. Today he and his wife live in the Orlando area with their three children and dog.