Image by HenningE from Pixabay
Disney World is opening its parks next month.
- Magic Kingdom, July 11
- Animal Kingdom, July 11
- EPCOT, July 15
- Hollywood Studios, July 15
Disney’s online reservation system kicked off on Monday, June 22 and guests online are reporting hours-long wait times and trouble getting through. Disney says new ticket sales are currently paused and will resume later this summer. To manage attendance at each park, Disney is requiring guests to make reservations in advance using a new online tool. A park reservation and valid admission are both required for guests three and older to enter.
- Disney Resort and other select hotel Guests with a valid theme park admission can make reservations starting June 22.
- Annual Passholders without a Resort stay can make reservations starting June 26.
- Existing ticket holders can make reservations starting June 28.
By June 28, all guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as the phased reopening continues. According to Disney, reservations are currently available through September 26, 2021.
Disney also announced it will be retiring complimentary MagicBand distribution to Disney Resort hotel guests for new reservations with arrivals beginning Jan. 1, 2021, as it transitions moving the features of a MagicBand to smart devices. Disney Resort hotel guests will continue to have the option to purchase new MagicBands at a discount.
Image by AnnaD15n3y from Pixabay
How the system works:
- Link your admission to your Disney account
- You’ll need a Disney account
- Link your valid admission, which is required to make a reservation as ticket sales are temporarily paused
- If applicable, link your Disney Resort reservation
- Create your party
- Select your party from your Family & Friends list
- You may need to make more than one Disney Park Pass reservation for your party depending on your admission type
- Select a date and park
- Select a Date: View a calendar and choose one of the available dates for your visit.
- Select a Theme Park: Park hours will be displayed for your convenience.
- Select a Time: This is the time that you can visit the park.
- Review and confirm your plans
- Check terms and conditions, which includes a COVID-19 liability waiver
- Once confirmed, the reservation will appear in the “My Plans” section
You may find out more on the Walt Disney World website.
Melissa’s career in writing started more than 20 years ago. Today, she lives in South Florida with her husband and two boys.